By Philip Crume, NEOSC Political Chair
UPDATE: We are supporting David Pepper for Attorney General and John Patrick Carney for State Auditor. Sorry about the confusion!
If you think votes don’t matter, tell that to Al Gore. Elections have been won and lost with less than 0.1% marginal differences. All eligible candidates regardless of political party affiliation were sent our Political Questionnaire. Of those who responded, those listed below gave strong interviews and obtained the endorsement of both the Northeast Ohio Group and the Ohio Chapter. I would like to introduce you to the Sierra Club Northeast Ohio Group/Ohio Chapter’s endorsed candidates for the 2014 Election Season:
- US House of Representatives District 9, Marcy Kaptur (incumbent)
- US House of Representatives District 11, Marcia Fudge (incumbent)
- Governor and Lt. Governor, Edward Fitzgerald and Sharen Neuhardt (challenging John Kasich and Mary Taylor, and Anita Rios and Bob Fitrakis)
- Attorney General, David Pepper
- Auditor of State, John Patrick Carney
- Treasurer of State, Connie Pillich (challenging Josh Mandel)
- Ohio Senate District 23, Michael Skindell (incumbent)
- Ohio House of Representatives 6, Anthony Fossaceca (challenging Marlene Anielski)
- Ohio House of Representatives 8, Kent Smith (open seat)
- Ohio House of Representatives 13, Nickie Antonio (incumbent)
- Ohio House of Representatives 16, Todd LeVeck (challenging Nan Baker)
- Cuyahoga County Council District 11, Sunny Simon (incumbent)
All of these candidates are champions of the environment. Please show them your support by donating money and/or volunteering on their campaigns, and by showing up on election day.